Now is the time to care for your terracotta pots.
Italian Terrace pots are designed to withstand the British winter, but there are a few things to do before you head inside to hibernate in front of the fire this winter.
1. Lift your pot off the ground using pot feet.
2. Check the drainage hole is clear of soil and roots. Also snails do like to hibernate there.
3. Make sure that your pot is lined inside with the terram above the crock.
4. Empty out the water from your water features and wrap up the pump to protect it from splitting.
5. Look forward to the bulbs popping up in the spring